How to choose Optional Subject in UPSC | UPSC Guide

You may also like...

15 Responses

1. Sir, I’m in BSC, Zoology 1st year, and reading UPSC subjects in my leisure times. Should I read all subjects or just Optional (geography) only now? Or the core subjects with optional?

2. Kavita Dwivedi says:

Sir I am from Hindi medium. Is it possible to crack upsc? If yes then how?

3. Anonymous says:

Sir, what about literature optional? I’m 21 right now.. But I’m really confused about choosing the optional.. I’m interested in literature optional as I love reading my mother tongue literature books.. Is it a good choice?

• Somesh Upadhyay says:

Yes. Literature optional are good. In fact no optional is good or bad. It depends on you.

4. They are very high scoring. You may choose if you like.

5. Anonymous says:

Sir, i got 60% marks in Jee advance in Chemistry subject and 94 marks in class 12th Boards in Chemistry. In class 10th i got 10CGPA in Social studies. So can you please suggest me between Anthropology and chemistry in optional. currently i am 2nd year undergrad engineering student. And also please give me some tips on how to manage my engineering and UPSC preparation

6. Shruti Sinha says:

Sir Philosophy optional is good or not, is it a scoring subject

7. Saket Kumar says:

Sir I am planning to take Botany as my optional but after reading that Zoology wasn’t a good optional I am having apprehensions. Sir, can you tell me what problems you faced with Zoology optional.

• Don’t go by my experience. Many have scored well with Zoology and Botany too. I dropped Zoology because it was completely new to me and required a lot of memorizing.

8. Pradeep kumar says:

Sir i wants to take sociology an optional subject, Iam in Graduation 1st year. I have also sociology as a subject in graduation. Sir can you suggest this is right for me or not.

9. विकाश कुमार says:

मैं अभी B. Com के द्वितीय वर्ष में हूँ । क्या घर से upsc की तैयारी कर सकता हूँ।

10. Harsh Pandya says:

Sir, a heartfelt thanks for your initiative. I am a Dentist, and being from the medical background, the medical science optional is yet so near but so far for me. I really need help regarding choosing optional, as I’m confused between Sociology and Public administration. Please help me Sir.

11. saurav kumar says:

Sir, mai upsc ke optional subject me -political science ke sath jana chahta huu. please guidlines for my optional paper.